Scheduled Dates: 1st October 1-5pm
Duration: ½ day
Delivery: Live Online Course, Instructor led, and Supervised Activities
In the digital world privacy of staff and customers is becoming a key concern for many organisations. However, assessing the risk and impact of privacy breaches on a particular system or organization can be a minefield as it touches on many different aspects of an organisation. Cyber Toa have developed a short course designed to bring attendees up to speed with basics tools, resources and expectation for privacy in New Zealand – specifically around the creation and use of Privacy Impact assessments templates by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
This course, delivered by Cyber Toa’s Privacy Auditors, covers what we look for and highlight as part of our Privacy impact Assessments. We cover common pitfalls and errors we have seen in many organisations and give practical, actionable advice to enable the protection of Privacy without compromising security or functionality of a system. With a range of interactive scenarios, case studies, videos and activities using real life situations, learners can reflect on their own behaviour and learn to make informed security and privacy choices.
Module One: Introduction to New Zealand Privacy in IT
- Privacy Impact Assessment contents and Basics
- The 12 privacy principles
- Resources and threats
- Privacy risks
Module Two: Organisational Privacy
- Easy privacy solutions
- Common privacy pitfalls
- Privacy Commission expectations
Module Three: Technical Privacy
- What is metadata
- How to identify application or storage flaws
- How to assess and manage privacy risk
- Privacy and cloud risk assessments
Target Audience and Course Prerequisites
The Cyber Toa Privacy Assessment course is aimed at anyone with Privacy responsibilities associated with IT systems. No prior knowledge is expected or required for this course
This course will teach the core twelve privacy principles outlined and used by the Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner. The course explains, in detail, the process followed to perform a privacy audit and what to expect as part of a privacy impact assessment. It also covers a variety of technical and process tools that can improve an organisation’s privacy posture, and reduce their privacy risk.
On course completion, you will be able to:
- Explain the most common privacy issues that many organisations and systems face
- Understand the steps and content of a privacy impact assessment
- Use some common tools for assessing both technical and organizational privacy
- Understand the risk to business that privacy vulnerabilities pose as compared to other business risks.